Monday, September 26, 2011

Email: 26 September 2011

Hello, everyone =)
Good Morning Juneau
This week has been really fun. We had our Zone Conference in Juneau. I just have to say that Juneau is most definitely the prettiest place I have ever been in my life and I would not mind taking a vacation there every year for the rest of my life. It's so pretty that you don't even care about the rain, cause it does all the time. I loved being with all the missionaries. I realized just how isolated we are out here in Whitehorse, haha. It's cool though. We got to hear from Elder Walker who is a member of the first quorum of the seventy and the head of the temple department. I took lots of notes in my study journal on the conference, and there was too much to say it all. He had us all come up and shake his hand, and I was able to speak with him one on one later in the day. He is a very neat guy. We also got to stay in the sisters apartment while we were in Juneau......haha, but they were in Anchorage so we were fine. We were the first missionaries as far as anyone here in the mission knows to have stayed in the sisters apartment, haha. We were very respectful and didn't get into any of their things, and we left without a trace.

Little miracles are happening all over the place. Bobby is so ready for the gospel. We're getting him ready to be baptized this transfer. We were teaching him about the Plan of Salvation and he told us that he had heard there were levels of heaven and we were like; Bobby, where did you hear that? Cause as far as I know our's is the only religion where that is officially part of our doctrine. And he asks questions like that all the time. The Lord has definitely prepared him for the beautiful blessings of the gospel, and it was apparent from the first moment we contacted him.
Subway with President Little after Stake Conference.
Clockwise from bottom left:
Elder Hartman, Elder Johnson, Elder Bowes and President Little

We also teach a first nation man named Gabriel who we normally teach Sunday mornings before church. He agreed to come to Church with us yesterday and a member picked him up and brought him to church. Afterward he told us how much he enjoyed sacrament meeting and said he wanted to start coming more. He is very thoughtful and has experienced a lot of hardship. I'm so excited to see how much his life will change for the better through the gospel of Jesus Christ. Nobody ever realizes the degree of happiness that comes through making the covenants that are a part of the gospel until they actually make them and feel the happiness. We then look back in awe at what the Lord has done for us. The Book of Mormon is true, and in 2 Nephi 2:25 it is so true that "men are that they might have joy". I love my Savior, and I want everyone to feel and to have the same happiness and joy that I experience. I'm so happy to be serving the Lord, and I'm thankful for his mercy. I hope you all are reading the Book of Mormon and are fellowshipping others and are being member missionaries. Thanks for all the support.

Ours has turned into one of the best areas in the mission. We've had about 17 new investigators this transfer (transfer=6weeks) and I'm pretty sure we are leading the mission in that area.

Love, Elder Record

No comments:

Post a Comment