Monday, August 15, 2011

Letter Dated: 13 Aug 2011


Hello everyone, glad to hear you got the pictures I sent. Today we've been having our infield orientation. I am so excited, I can't hardly keep it in. It's been an amazing experience here in the MTC, but I can't wait to really get to work. I can't wait to learn and grow from my challenges and experiences. I can't wait to set meaningful and specific goals and then plan accordingly. I know that these experiences will teach me skills that will give me a head start in the world, but more importantly the message of the restoration and gospel of Jesus Christ have blessed me with such peace and joy it's impossible to describe. I can't wait to share that joy with others, to tell them there is hope. Through the atonement of Jesus Christ, all mankind may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel which teach us how to become like our Father in Heaven. It is never too late for any of us. His arm of mercy is extended to all who will believe on his name, and when we don't, he loves us still. God intends for us to have peace and joy in this life and in the life after.

The in-field orientation was amazing. It was a full day of training giving us the vision of missionary work out in the field. This was new training, and we were some of the first missionaries to officially get it. They also told us about a new training they've started in the field. They have new missionaries stay with their trainer for 12 weeks instead of 6. At the end of this training, we will be trained enough to become trainers ourselves. I am so excited. We have been provided with the newest and best training available to become the best missionaries the Lord has ever had. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on how it goes. I love you all with all my heart, especially Mom and Dad.

Love, Elder Record

No comments:

Post a Comment