Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Feeling Better and Working Hard

Hello! So, I had a good week. We are heading to emails because we had a holiday on Monday and the libraries were closed.

This last week, I got sick. Wait, was that this last week or the week before? Yeah, that was this week, wasn't it? We got sick, but surprisingly enough, even though we were sick the last couple of weeks, we have been super, super busy. There is this ten year old we started teaching, and she is on date to be baptized. The situation is pretty cool, because initially the father didn't really like the Church and prevented his wife from attending. She was able to come back because he kind of softened up a little bit. He was at Church the Sunday before Christmas. Come to find out, he gave his ten year old daughter permission to get baptized. His wife is a recent convert of a few years. It has been really neat teaching her, and we just got out of a lesson there. It was fun. We taught her about the restoration of the gospel. So it felt good. I always love doing that.

I love teaching. In fact, when I eventually figure out what I want to go into for my occupation, I probably want to do something with teaching, because it's very, very fun. I like helping people understand.

Other than that, we have had a couple of good opportunities to work with our ward mission leader and the ward missionaries. We have been helping that organization get started. It's neat to see. We have our ward mission leader who conducts our correlation meeting. We have been going out to visit people with the ward missionaries, and with Brother Faber, the ward mission leader. It's starting to run very well. I think it will help the ward get involved in more missionary work as we keep this going and expand it. Which is good, since most of the missionary work needs to happen within the ward and their association with others. We kind of come in and do the teaching so to speak. It's good to see that going. That was a highlight for me this week.

We have also been doing some family history. We taught the assistants a little about family history. We have been preparing for a culture training on the following Thursday. We are helping everybody get their presentations; the different elders in the different Samoan areas. That is a lot of business we end up doing as zone leaders, but it's fun and needs to be done. I like it because I'm getting a variety of experience on my mission. I have to tell you what though, I really mission training and being a district leader (haha). That was fun! I like doing the more one on one type stuff. As a zone leader I feel kind of detached. The district leaders are the ones that really have influence on helping the missionaries in their districts to do well, and improve and progress. They have a good amount of influence on how well others do. The zone leaders do the more business stuff to make sure everything works; but it's fun.

We had an investigator we hadn't taught in like a month. We finally had another lesson with them with one of our ward missionaries too. That went well. We were able to get back on page with each other. He is reading his scriptures and things. It was nice to see him doing well. He is going to be baptized in April.

Some members took us to Olive Garden. They have really good food. I like their shrimp. They have like tons of shrimp stuff. Life is good. I love Alaska! I'm sending my SD card back in the mail with some pictures on it. You should be getting that soon. I'm taking my vitamins and staying healthy. When I said I gained 20 pounds on my mission, it's gone back to only 10 pounds. So, I don't know if that's good or bad (haha).

I love you all. Keep doing your best. Keep reading your scriptures. Keep helping other people, and strengthen them and help them be the best that they can be. They will always appreciate it. Love you guys, and I will talk to you next week.

Love, Elder Record

No comments:

Post a Comment