Monday, May 7, 2012

Transcription: 7 May 2012

I'm feeling better! (haha) I'm not sick anymore. I've got a little bit of a stuffy nose, but it's all good. Thankfully it's not a problem anymore. I had a fever on Monday, I guess, because there was no pressure to do anything because it was P-day. My body just took the time to recover I guess (haha).

We had a fun week. We had to get our oil changed, and that took up a little time. But, we were also able to do service at the library. We helped them move around books for this book sale they were going to have. That was fun. Me, Elder Wright and the four Samoan elders from the other Samoan wards sang a song at a baptism that the Lake Otis ward was having. It's "When I am Baptized", the primary song. We sang one verse in English and the other two in Samoan. Sunday was probably the busiest day of my mission so far. We were all over the place, visiting a ton of people. It was nice, because we were able to help out a lot of people. There was this one lady who was having a really rough time. We kind of showed up at the right time. She was smoking and feeling pretty depressed because of some things that have been going on. We kind of helped her get out of her funk and shared a little scripture with her and encouraged her and smiled. She didn't want to smoke anymore, so that was nice (haha). It was just kind of neat to see that the Lord takes us to where we need to go.

I read a really cool verse in Doctrine and Covenants 93 verse one. It lists five things that we can do in order to see and know God, so in order to see and know that He is. The first is to forsake our sins. The second is to come unto Him. The third is to call on His name. The Fourth is to obey His voice, and the fifth is to keep His commandments. So if we do those five things, then we can have the privilege of seeing God and knowing that He is. And of course, if we read in Doctrine and Covenants section 88 version 68, it says that will come in the Lord's time and in His own way. I thought that was a really neat scripture, because the other ones just say like, "blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God" or you know, other promises. None of them quite say what we need to do to be pure in heart and to see God. I like that version [D&C 93:1] because it lists out those five things as something I can do to work towards that.

We have been visiting these one people who (haha) are actually going to be moving down to Utah and get married soon. I like them a lot. It's nice to see them getting excited about the temple and about the Church and everything. I will probably end up seeing them when I get back to Utah. We'll see. That would be really cool because they are really fun. They are planning on going through the Salt Lake Temple. I'm really happy for them.

Yeah, that's kind of been this week. It wasn't fun being sick, but it's fun being better (haha). It was a fun week, and we helped out a lot of people.

I just want to bear my testimony that I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know that this is Christ's church on the earth. I am thankful for the opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father in any way He wants me to because I've notice that as we do that, it provides a lot of strength to the Church if we will just work at doing our duty and being ourselves. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love, Elder Record

No comments:

Post a Comment