Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Transcription: 21 May 2012


So, guess who got sick? Elder Wright (haha). He got my wind. He doesn't have it quite as bad, I don't think, but I'm not sure. He hasn't had a fever yet, so I guess it's not that bad. He's been pretty sick, but we got him to the doctor pretty quick, so he seems to be feeling better. He's been pretty sick this week, but in spite of that we were actually still able to get quite a bit done.

We were able to visit some people and help them out. We are working on trying not to stay so long and have the lesson be just a visit. So, we are trying to teach more, and we did. It was really neat what happened. The Spirit was there a lot stronger when we weren't just there for like an hour. We were there for like 45 minutes or even less. We just taught... and the Spirit was there. It felt really cool. It made a difference to people, and they felt uplifted and so did we. It still happened before, but it happened a lot more. When we were focused on teaching more that just talking with them, that was a pretty neat experience. Yesterday was awesome! We were able to do a lot.

We had some more training (haha). Elder Call and Elder Donaldson came, from the Seventy did our stake conference. We had a few meetings on Saturday and had to work with the ward council, and there's a lot of cool things that are going to happen. We are starting to work better with them, and get more work done.

We ran into these two people who we began teaching. We hope to really get them fellowshipped in. looks like things are good because we are working closer with the ward council. We are excited about that.

It's really fun to go out and help people. We were able to really feel the Spirit, especially on Sunday, but it makes you pretty tired too (haha). There is this really cool lady we know that works at the book store that says I need to get a tan (haha). But, I can't do that (haha) unless I'm, outside. And if I'm in the truck or somebody's house all day, it's kind of hard to get a tan. But, that's okay, it can wait.

I just want to bear my testimony that I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know it has a power to change our lives and to help us get closer to our Heavenly Father more than any other book. I know that the Church is true. I am thankful for the guidance and direction we get from the prophet and from the general authorities. I am thankful to be serving a mission because it's helping me grow a lot, especially in planning. We are becoming quite the masters of our time. It's pretty cool. It will help me a lot for when I get back.

I hope all is well. Everything is good here. I'll do my best to send letters to various people who send me letters (haha). Talk to you next week, bye.

Love, Elder Record


No comments:

Post a Comment