Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Transcription: 30 April 2012


Good morning everybody. Today is April 30th and I am sick. So, I probably won't say too much. I'm sorry.

This week was for the most part pretty good. (Haha) and you will have to forgive my pessimism too (haha). I'm not in the best mood right now. It seems now that the week of over and that it's P-day, my body is like, "all right, rest time."

Earlier in the week we had our transfers. Me and Elder Wright are staying. We have a truck now so, we were using it to cart missionaries around Tuesday and in the morning on Wednesday. It took up a lot of time, but we were still able to get a lot done. I got sick on Friday. Even though I had to rest a lot, we still got quite a bit done in our week, which was pretty good; but now my body is ready for a break (haha).

Probably one of the most exciting things to happen to me this week was... I got to try a Samoan dish called "sea". Sea is the edible internal organs of the sea cucumber (haha). I had to try it. They offered it, so I tried a little bit of it. Let me tell you, that is the hardest to get down out of anything I've tried to eat. Yeah, it was pretty nasty. So I suggest to anybody who is offered "sea" (unless you want bragging rights), I would say, smile, laugh a little bit, and then say "lai fa'fatai" or no thank you. They will chuckle because they will know (haha). It just has a terrible stench, but it not too powerful. You can only really taste the stench. It's weird. It is not the yummiest thing I've ever tried. It made the oka and the boiled banana pretty much a piece of cake to eat now. I didn't have any problems with them in the first place, but it was quite the experience (haha), but I'm glad I did it. You might want to go online and check out what "sea" looks like (haha). It is pretty nasty looking. That was probably the funnest and funniest thing that happened this week.

Bizzare Foods with Andrew Zimmerman
The "sea" segment starts at minute 05:29 and ends at 07:40

We are excited to keep working with the ward and finding people. We had a really good experience where we found out this one house had Samoans living there. We were able to just park the car and walk up to the house because the people were standing outside, and we just started talking to them, laughing, joking around about stuff. We then started talking about the gospel. They invited us back. So we are going to come over to their house later today. It was fun to see, and Elder Wright was able to see how much more effective it is to just converse for a little bit first, and then relate whatever you are talking about to the gospel. They can kind of see the application and kind of be a little more comfortable with us so we are not so imposing.

A lot of the snow is melting and the weather is changing, so that is why everybody says everyone is getting sick. Apparently everybody is getting sick. Yeah, and I threw up on Friday. So that wasn't fun. So I just have a super stuffy nose and sinus irritation, but I'll get over it.

Anyway, life is good (haha). Take care, and I will talk to you more next week, and hopefully be a little more enthusiastic. Take care, bye.

Love, Elder Record

No comments:

Post a Comment