Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Transcription: 30 January 2012


Malo! Today is Sunday the 29th and this is my update for the week. Probably the most exciting thing that happened this week was the baptism for the little nine year old girl we were teaching. She is sooo smart (haha). She is so nice. She is so happy all the time. She remembers a lot of what we teach her, and she was so excited to be baptized. She was a good example for her family. We had her uncle doing the baptism and confirmations, because her baptism was combined with her cousin who was turning eight. They were able to get a lot of family there, a lot of less active members of the family. There were some other elders who brought an investigator. They said she was crying and during the talk about baptism she knew she was ready to be baptized. Definitely the Spirit is there. I read it somewhere in Preach My Gospel where it says the Spirit is strongly manifest in a baptism, because that is like your first step in covenant making – through ordinances with your Heavenly Father. It is a powerful Spirit that accompanies it.

I know I have felt it as I do baptisms in the temple, I mean not anymore, but when I have and when I will. I always am touched a little more than really anywhere else. I don't know – it's because it's that first step I guess, and that people are waiting. Through taking that first step people are able to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and have Him as their constant companion as long as they are righteous. It has definitely been a blessing in my life since I've had it. I don't really like to think of what life would be without it, because I have received so much help and strength, especially on my mission, through the Holy Ghost. It really is that Comforter that Christ talked about. I know that our Heavenly Father is there for us and answers our prayers. I know that He loves us. I know that we're never alone. I am thankful I don't have to rely on my own strength (haha), because being honest, we as people make a lot of mistakes. I make a lot of mistakes, and a lot of times it is hard. It is very comforting to know we have a Heavenly Father there who loves us and can provide us with strength. We just need to ask, and then do our best to make it through.

I love you all. Thanks for all your support and prayers. I'm excited for the transfer that is coming up. I found out that Elder Leota will be going to Fairbanks to be serving with a pretty cool elder named, Elder Butler. I will be staying here. I will be getting an elder named Elder Thorne. I have heard a lot about him, and he seems like a pretty cool guy. I think I met him once. Everybody I've talked to really likes him. He was apparently a cross country runner at Stanford (haha), but he's not a very big guy. He doesn't look too old, but apparently he's pretty smart and pretty quick. So I'm excited to be running in the mornings (haha). I have kind of miss that, so it will be nice. He is actually one of the missionaries who was called to be Spanish speaking in this mission. So, we will be part of the Spanish district, and I will probably be learning some Spanish with him, and him Samoan. So I'm excited to hopefully be in some Spanish lessons (haha). So we'll see how that goes. I have definitely found that after trying to learn Samoan, I mean I'm picking it up slowly, but after learning about Samoan I found that Spanish is a relatively easy language. It's a lot easier to learn than Samoan (haha). If I were to come back from my mission or anytime else, I would probably pick Spanish, just because learning a language is not easy. I'm excited! It will be a fun experience, and we'll see how everything goes.

I looked at the picture of the Palmers on the new arrivals board at the mission office, and I will be excited when they come up (haha). I will be sending my SD card in the mail after I take some pictures of my new companion. I love you all. Fasafua!

Elder Record

No comments:

Post a Comment