Monday, January 9, 2012

Transcription: 3 January 2012

NOTE: Elder Record forgot to attach his audio update file from last week, so we got both last week and this weeks' audio updates. This update is from last week, 3 Jan 2012.

Hello, this is Elder Record and today is the 3rd of January.

This week was pretty good. We got to go to a lot of the members' activities and really get to know the members. They are really starting to like us, especially Elder Leota (haha). It's been very good. One thing I really liked this week was our district meeting. At the beginning we went around the room and everybody said what their most embarrassing moment was (haha), what their favorite dessert was, and then their favorite scripture. When it got to me, for my favorite scripture, I put Ether 12:27. The Spirit was there very strong. And, yeah, through that whole district meeting the Spirit was very strong. We did a little bit of role playing on how we can help less active members become stronger. It was very effective, and I think it will help us a lot. I really liked it because the Spirit was there so strong.

This week we have been going through some of these less active people the bishop wanted us to visit with.

On P-day we had ward games (haha). Just yesterday on Monday. It was also a holiday so we couldn't email. We went to the ward games and played a lot of basketball and volleyball. Things here are going well. I look forward to seeing what will continue to happen. I love you all.

I know the Gospel is true. I am thankful for the opportunity to be a missionary. I'm learning a lot. I'm learning a lot of patience (haha). I learning how to, not only become a better missionary, but a better person. So I'm very thankful for the opportunities, the blessings and the challenges that I've had, because I think I'm growing much stronger because of them. I'm thankful for the Book of Mormon, and I know it's true. I'm thankful for my Savior, and all that He did for me and for us. I know that He lives. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet today. I love the Gospel and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love, Elder Record


No comments:

Post a Comment