Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Questions: 30 January 2012


Everyone: How was the baptism and did you get pictures?
It went great! Everyone felt the spirit there, and everything went smoothly. While they were changing we watched the ending clip of the testaments where the savior appears. I testified of the savior afterwards and I think it went well. Yes I got pictures.

Dad: If Lorielle starts sending weekly audio updates, will you be able to listen to the MP3? Can you copy them to your voice record to listen to them later instead of using your one hour computer time?
That should work, I don't see why it wouldn't.


Dad, in answer to those chapters you gave me. Here is an excerpt from my weekly to president Beesley about what I studied.

'I was studying in Alma 48 and 49. My dad referenced those to me because he knows I like Ether 12:27. I was reading and discovered that Captain Moroni exemplifies Ether 12:27. In chapter 48 it says that Moroni had been “preparing the minds of the people to be faithful unto the Lord their God.” And in verse 12 it shows his humility, “Yea, a man whose heart did swell with thanksgiving to his God, for the many privileges and blessings which he bestowed upon his people; a man who did labor exceedingly for the welfare and safety of his people.” Not only was he humble, but he also had charity and spent all his time thinking about and working for his people, not himself. And in verse 16 it says, “And also, that God would make it known unto them whither they should go to defend themselves against their enemies… and this was the faith of Moroni, and his heart did glory in it;” They were humble and sought after righteousness, and they were guided and protected by the Lord. I am thankful to have the Lord on my side. I know he is always there for me. Whenever I need help I know where to turn and can say like Nephi, “Nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted.” What a blessing it is to be serving the Lord and our Heavenly Father’s children here in Alaska.'

Love, Elder Record


No comments:

Post a Comment