Monday, January 23, 2012

Transcription: 23 January 2012


Malo Everybody! This is Elder Record. Today is the 22nd of January 2012, and I was just thinking about it. In February we are going to have a leap day. So this is a leap year. So, I'm going to have to do something special (haha) on the 29th – make it an awesome day. Just because that day won't exist for another four years. Anyway, it's kind of fun (haha).

I love the new Bible videos they are coming out with.  They just came out with the story of the Widow's Mite.

This week was pretty awesome. We are getting ready for a baptism for one of our investigators. She is a little girl, she's nine. She is very smart. She remembers a lot of what we teach her. Her mother is less active, and her cousins, so her mother's family are all in our ward. Some of them are active and some of them are less active. They are the Aumafa family. We love the Aumafa families in our ward. They are so nice to us. They always feed us. If we ever need anything, they are always there. So we've been teaching her and it's kind of been exciting. A little bit stressful though, because it's my first time. I haven't really seen how a baptism goes, so I've kind of gone by the books and how people have said how to proceed through a baptism. It's been good (haha). It's going to be combined with her cousin who's family is active. They are going to get all their family and less active family, hopefully, out to the baptism. We are very excited about that, and it will be coming up this Saturday. It's pretty set – everything is a go so far. There are still some things we need to finalize, but we are very excited about that.

We had another good lesson with one of our investigators this week. We taught her the second lesson, the Plan of Salvation. She has so many good questions. It's so good, because if you go into the lesson with a prayer, so you have to pray before for the Spirit, and go in sincere, doing your best to teach out of love and feel love for that person and feel the Spirit, the lesson goes so well. We were talking with her, and the gospel is so awesome, because there is always an answer. So, she was throwing out questions (haha), and we had answers (haha). She is growing. She really good, and we are expecting her to be baptized soon. She is not on date for baptism, but we are expecting she will feel the Spirit, and that she will feel the gospel is true, just like we feel it. We are excited for her and the progress she will make. We didn't get all the way through the Plan of Salvation – we kind of stopped at the atonement. We talked a bit about other things, and we will go over the second half of the lesson next time, and finish answering her questions.

The ward really likes us. We are able to teach quite a few of people. There are quite a few less active people, but it feels good to strengthen them. We were able to go to the hospital and visit one of the less active members, the wife's father. He had a stroke, so we were able to go to the hospital and visit them. In the Samoan culture, if the missionaries show up, they have a great respect for the missionaries, so if the missionaries show up – you know we're not doing too much, we're just showing up – it means a lot to them. We showed up and said hi and talked and found out the father, who had the stroke, knows Elder Leota's father and his uncles (haha), and his whole family (haha). So they had a good time talking and it was good. They requested a blessing, so we gave him a blessing. I think things will go really well.

The work is good. It's stressful at times (haha), but it's so much fun. We're busy, busy, busy. I'm thankful for the gospel. I'm thankful for the opportunity I have to serve the Lord. I'm learning so much about patience. I'm learning so much about life and how to work with people. I didn't realize that before my mission I kind of … not really kept to myself, just surrounded myself with good people. I didn't realize how much I didn't … anyway just all the people and personalities I'm around now are people I've never really been around. So, I'm learning a lot (haha) on how to associate with people. It's so good.

I'm still staying healthy. Healthy and strong, and exercising every morning. I'm doing my best to eat my vegetables, taking my vitamins (haha). I'm doing good. I hope everything is well at home. I am thankful for all the support everyone gives. I'm excited for next week and P-day tomorrow. It will be a good time to exercise some more.

Anyway, I hope everyone is well and reads their scriptures this week, and the Book of Mormon. I promise that it will bless your lives and you will feel the strength that comes from it – even if it's hard. We don't always get things from the scriptures. I know a lot of times in the morning I will try to read my scriptures or study, and sometimes I'm tired. So things just go in and straight out, and I don't really remember too much of what happened. But it still strengthens me, and I still receive spiritual strength for the day when I read my scriptures. It totally makes a difference. I felt it when that strength hasn't been there. So when I just skip out or read something else or take a nap (haha) – I've done that occasionally, I'll admit. I know that when we read the scriptures, whether we understand it or not, we receive strength from it, and gradually we come to understand it as we keep doing our best. I know that is true, and say that in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

See you all later, Tolofa Soifua. Filoai. That means “until we meet again.” See you later.

Love, Elder Record

No comments:

Post a Comment