Monday, November 14, 2011

Questions: 14 November 2011


What is your companion's (picture) home town, and blog url (if any)?
Highland, Utah. I forgot to get a picture. I'll try to get it next time. We have an hour to do e-mails, and we do it at the library.

How was your temple trip?
Amazing. I did the work for Daniel Owen from baptism to endowment. I felt the Spirit so strong. I know that what was done was good.

How was your drive from Whitehorse to Anchorage? It must have been a lot better traveling with the members you have been serving with for these past twelve weeks.
ya, we sang the whole way to Anchorage =)

How was your first Sacrament meeting in Samoan? (When I was learning Spanish, Sacrament meetings were so exhausting. I was trying so hard to listen and understand, it just really drained me. Don't be tempted to skip out on scripture study to learn the language faster.)
I loved it! I did my best to focus on the people talking and look them in the eye while paying attention to their body language. I found out that Pipi (pronounced peepee) is turkey, that threw me off for a second when I heard it. I did get a little sleepy in elders quorum, but I made it. =)

What brings the Samoan people to Alaska?
Work opportunities, and family I'm sure. I have to ask them more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment