Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Email: 22 February 2012


Here's my update. I need to get better at writing in my journal and not procrastinating my audio update =). Thankfully though this last week was probably my busiest week yet on my mission. Things are going great. We were able to have some training in our district this last week from President and Sister Beesley. We had interviews after that. I always love those =). I am thankful for the Gospel. I know it is true. I know now more than ever that things maybe hard at times, but the Lord always helps us get through it. Here in Alaska where there aren't too many people and the winters are dark it's easy to get a little discouraged at times. I have to admit there have been times when I've have gotten a little discouraged and been pretty stressed out. Here are some things I've found that help me to get out on top when things get hard.
  1. Start pray fervently, with all your heart
  2. Follow President Uchtdorf's advise to slow down and focus on the basics ex. reading, praying, prioritizing. Just figure out the most important things that need to be done and go from there.
  3. SMILE!!! haha. It actually works, and laugh too.
  4. As you can, surround yourself with good examples, and when your alone, the savior has promised to be there for you and you have good example in the scriptures.
  5. DON'T GIVE UP! The Lord doesn't ever give us anything we can't handle without his help. If you remember, when the Lord wants to humble his people, he sends them into the wilderness.
I am thankful for the opportunities I've had to grow. It makes me smile to see how fast things are moving for Lorielle. I remember how crazy busy I was in the MTC. =) I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know our Savior lives and loves us. I know he is mighty to save. I know that often the Lord answers our prayers through other people, and that may be why it is so important to serve others. What a blessing it is to live on the earth at this time where the Lord is blessing us so abundantly. We have the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ on the earth today and it blesses my life and fills me with peace and comfort, so it doesn't matter what happens because through the savior I can feel peace in any trail. Thanks for all the support. Have a good week. I can't wait for the amazing Alaskan summers. =)

Love, Elder Record

No comments:

Post a Comment