Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Transcription: 27 December 2011


Hello everybody, today is December 27th, and I didn't email yesterday because of the holiday – the library was closed.

This week has been a very good week, not only with Christmas (haha), but we were able to teach a lot of people. There is this little girl who is the niece of one of the counselors in our Elder's Quorum, and she is nine and needed to take the lessons and be baptized as a convert. So we have been able to teach her all four of the missionary lessons this week. That was really fun.

We called up the bishop on Tuesday night and asked him for names of people he was thinking about, like less active people, or anybody. So, we got a list of some people and that was really exciting. We started to go visit some. A lot of work is being opened up, so we are really excited about that – we are going to start to visit more people and teach them lessons. We should be getting a lot of referrals pretty soon.

On Sunday we had a class, and one of our investigators showed up to Church – well he wasn't one of our investigators then, but he said he came because he wanted to learn more about the Church and to know where his wife was coming from because she is a member, and he came ready to learn (haha), so we had a class after Sacrament meeting. I didn't want it to be just us missionaries and him, so I asked Mark Fa'nene, one of the members, if he could get some members to come into the class – and he went and got some YSA people and brought them in. We had a good class. We almost finished the entire first lesson. We also had a really good discussion. We talked about a lot of things. Some of the less active members don't know very much about the Church so it was nice for them because they felt open and comfortable enough to start asking questions. We would answer them, and they really liked that. We are excited to see a lot of progress there.

We visited a lot of the members this week, especially on Christmas. On P-day our ward had games. They basically played volleyball and basketball almost the entire day. We went there and played with them – that was fun.

This week, we were able to do more work than I have ever done here before in a week. I really enjoyed it, and I really enjoyed being with Elder Leota because he likes to work hard. It's fun. I'm starting to get the hang of things (haha). I've been out for five months. Initially it is kind of hard, but it's nice because I'm really feeling like I'm starting to get used to how things work. I don't have to worry so much if I'm doing it right.

I really like the scriptures, and I know the Book of Mormon is true. Whenever I read it, I find comfort and guidance in the scriptures; particularly in the Book of Mormon. I am thankful for all that my Savior has done for me, and for His atoning sacrifice. I love the Gospel. I love the prophet. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet. I am thankful for families. I am thankful for the opportunity that we have in the Gospel and also the hope that it brings. A lot of people worry about what is going to happen next. I feel like in the Gospel we don't have to worry about that so much because we know as we are doing good, it will all work out in the end. No matter how hard things get, no matter how tough it is, as long as we endure, then it will all work out – however that plays out, we know that we will be okay because of our Savior. I know that is true, and I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love, Elder Record

No comments:

Post a Comment