Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Email: 4 June 2012

I encourage anyone who hasn't gone to the temple or hasn't been in a while to go, and if you can't yet, prepare.  There isn't a better place on earth.  There isn't another place where you will feel more love and at home than perhaps with the ones you love in your home because that is the purpose.  To have a family like our Father in Heaven has forever, and then to help others to do the same.  If you haven't read the Book of Mormon please read it.  It has the power to change your lives.  It was written for our day.  The bible can tell you what Christ did, but the Book of Mormon can tell you why.

I love you all, sorry I didn't prepare an audio update.  I've been kind of busy with transfers and everything.  I found out that I'll be training again, but this time in Fairbanks 3rd ward.  I don't know what my companion's name is yet.  Apparently I'll live in a very nice apartment with members.  I'll miss everyone here in my area especially my companion, who is going to be the senior companion to another trainee just finishing training.

Here is something I studied this week I thought you guys might enjoy.

I love the story in Acts 19 I think where it gives a story about 7 exorcist Jews.  Paul was going around teaching people about Christ and the exorcists go to someone possessed with an evil spirit.  They say in the name of Jesus, who Paul is preaching about, come out.  Then the evil spirit says, Jesus I know, and Paul I know but who the heck are you!  haha! I love that story.  It cracks me up every time.  And it’s a good example of how having the proper authority is necessary.  I love the gospel.  I’m thankful that we have such a merciful Savior.  I know that our Heavenly Father leads and guides us and his church through his authorized representatives.  I never have to wonder about where to turn to.  It is always very clear.

Love, Elder Record

No comments:

Post a Comment