Monday, April 2, 2012

Transcription: 2 April 2012


I looooved conference (haha). Conference was really good. I liked Richard G. Scott's talk about revelation – I thought that was really cool. I liked it how he made the link between humility and receiving revelation. I think it has a lot to do with some of the miracles we are seeing. We are just kind of in the right place at the right time, and we just kind of know what to do sometimes – probably mostly due to my companion (haha). I have noticed a difference.

This week one of our appointments canceled so we went over to go see [name withheld], who we hadn't contacted in a while because he was kind of hard to get a hold of. We drive over there, pull up, and he's standing right outside, and we are like, “oh!! there he is!” So we wave at him and get out to start talking to him. He doesn't speak very good English. He started telling us something, but I didn't quite catch it – like something hard was going on and he felt kind of heavy. I read Matthew 11:28-30 that talks about what to do when you feel heavy. We gave him a “plan of salvation” pamphlet in Samoan to look over and setup an appointment to see him again. The cool thing was when we got there he was like, “how did you guys know, who called you, who told you to come over?” We're like, “nobody, Heavenly Father just lead us here.” He's like, “ah, man! That's cool!”, and we're like, “yea, I know!” It was kind of neat because he was wanting to see us because he was having a hard time, and we came over just at the right time. I think that is just an example of how when we are able to be humble, the Lord just puts us where we need to be. As long as we are doing our best, he helps us to make the right choices. And, we did. It was pretty cool.

I also like President Eyring's talk on Saturday, and Elder Rasband's talk, and some of the other ones. I took a ton of notes. It was all good, I enjoyed a lot of it. When I was in the priesthood session, I was getting so pumped. I was like, “man! I want to go out and do stuff!”, but then it just exhausted me. By the time the session was over, I had no energy left (haha). It still felt really good. I noticed they didn't announce any temples, which was a bummer.

The highlights of the week are we were able to see a lot of people and teach them. Elder Wright's become a pretty good teacher (haha). He's very good. I noticed a lot of missionaries kind of already know the lessons as the come out. It's just a matter of sorting their thoughts out. He's doing great! We hope to have a really good week coming up.

It is a ton warmer up here. Everything is starting to melt, and everything is slushy; but it still gets cold at night. So everything freezes in the morning, so there are like all these ruts and everything – like really bumpy. It's all good. Everything is starting to warm up. Looking at conference, it looks like things are starting to blossom down there. Out here there is still snow covering everything. Some of the trees are starting to bud. It will probably be a while before the snow completely melts.

I'm excited for P-day today. We're going to go have some fun and play basketball.

I just want to bear my testimony that I know prayer is a big thing. If we pray and study our scriptures, we can find the answers to our prayers, and get the help that we need; because life's not easy, but it is possible. With the Savior's help, we can get through things, and we can get through challenges and trials. But, it takes a lot of faith. One thing I have been studying lately is about hope. If you want to get through your trials, you can't just study and pray, but you also have to develop hope. I think a lot of that comes through service and through prayer, and through studying the scriptures. I think as you go out and start to forget about yourself, you start to get more hope. Anyway, that is what I have been thinking about lately. I love reading the Book of Mormon.

I hope you all have a good week, and take care, and talk to you next week.

Love, Elder Record


No comments:

Post a Comment