Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Questions: 9 April 2012

Elder Matthew Wright and Elder Jason Record
Dad: Where is Elder Wright from?
Enoch, Utah (near Ceder City)

Dad: What is the most unusual thing you have eaten so far?
Uh...a pig's stomach lining

Dad: What is the funniest thing that has happened this week?
I can't think of anything funny, but the coolest thing that happened was that we beet the record for snowfall! We got more snowfall this year in Anchorage since like 1950 I think.

Dad: "By small and simple things, are great things brought to pass." How have you witnessed the hand of the Lord through small or great means this week?
We keep just being in the right place at the right time. I know it's nothing I'm doing, but the Lord keeps taking us to people that need us. We have some church dvd's that have a Samoan language option and this less active man loves them. He doesn't understand English very well, but he loves these dvd's in Samoan. We can see how virtue is starting to garnish the thoughts of everyone in the home as good uplifting media fills it.

Dad: What did Easter mean to you this year?
I like how it's not so much that he died, but that he lives. It nice and good that he suffered for us, but if he wouldn't have risen on the third day none of it would have mattered. It would have been a nice thought, but it wouldn't have changed anything. I know that He lives and loves us, and it's because He lives that we too will live. And if we are faithful we will not only live again, but live with Him again enjoying the same peace and joy that He does. Because of the Infinite mercy of the Atonement all our losses will be made up and more, so I feel selfish not being happy with my lot in life because I do have a good life. I have a family who loves me. I have a roof over my head. I have endless potential and opportunity ahead. But most importantly I know that I am a child of God with the potential to become like him and to help others do the same.

Love, Elder Record
Elder Record at District Meeting

Elder  Record Finally Sees the Northern Lights

Elder Record Enjoying a Sub

Elder Wright and Elder Record Planning the Week

Elder Record and Elder Wright Studying Together


No comments:

Post a Comment