Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Goodbyes and New Opportunities

Hello..... I'm in Anchorage!.... and I don't have my audio recorder. I didn't do an audio this week though. I've been really busy with transfers and such. I have been transferred to the Sand Lake Ward in the Anchorage Stake to be a Zone Leader. I'll be serving with Elder Helaman Higley from the Ozark region of Missouri. Elder Beirne will be in the Fairbanks 3rd Ward still, and his companion will be Elder Woolbert. I love Fairbanks and I'm kind of sad to be leaving it. But I am really excited to be serving closer to the center of action in the mission here. President and Sister Beesley actually live in my zone. Looks like I'll probably be here right in the middle of when we get all those new missionaries. I have to admit though, it's a little weird being back in Anchorage again =). It's almost like I never left, lol. Only this time I'll be in South Anchorage.

This last week was an interesting one. With all the Goodbyes, packing, and whatnot, we weren't able to do quite as much as normal. We also had some interesting truck issues... =) But life is good and even though I'm a little sad to be leaving, I'm happy to have a new challenge ahead that will test my abilities and leadership skills. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I know he is our savior. The more I come to understand Him and His atonement in my life, the more I am filled with a desire to share it with others. I'm grateful for all of my family. I'm so happy to see how much fun you all are having in the new ward. I love you all, and it won't be long before I see you again...Christmas =) I love the Book of Mormon. I know it's true. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

Question: If life were a color, what color would it be and why?
Well I think life would be white. Not only because it is white up here, but because it is filled with so much hope and promise it's like writing on a fresh sheet of paper.

Love, Elder Record

No comments:

Post a Comment