Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Email: 12 March 2012


haha! =D I was so happy to hear the news on Arthur Rogers I almost started to cry [family history progress we have made]. I have an hour every other week to work on family history. Could you send me the information too dad? We just might try that idea [a ward missionary open house] out with our ward.

FYI Transfers are tomorrow, and I found out that Elder Thorne is leaving to go to the Spanish Branch but will still be in my district. I'm staying in the Northern Lights Samoan Ward =) and will be training Elder Matthew Wright. He was called to Alaska Samoan speaking, and he's the first white guy I've seen or heard of who was called to do so. Elder Thorne and I had an amazing transfer and were able to teach and help more people than in any other. It felt amazing. These next few transfers won't be any different =) in fact, it should be even better.

I didn't get a chance to do an audio because I was so tired and so busy this weekend that I just didn't have the time. So, I'm sending a modified version of my letter to president that has the names of people taken out.

Letter to the President

Haha, ya I know I’ll have to leave eventually. I’m just so happy that things are going so well here. I feel so blessed to be in this area with the Samoan people. They are so humble and easy to be entreated. Thank you so much for letting me be with Elder Thorne for as long as I was. He is a very hard worker and blessed my life. We worked hard and made this last week the best one of our entire transfer. We taught 22 lessons this week =)

[name withheld] is on date for the 24th of March, and [name withheld] is on date for the 7th of April. Things are progressing very well with them. We’ve found a lot of new investigators through the O’Brien family, the ones we gave the blessing to. We’ve also started taking youth out with us a lot in the evenings from like 6pm on. They love it and get so excited. We were with [name withheld], who has already made significant changes in his life, when we put [name withheld] on date. Our ward mission leader came up to us on Sunday and told us how much he enjoyed the experience. We have a lot of good future missionaries who are becoming missionaries right now. They are helping us continue to find people to teach and are excellent fellowshippers.

We are going to continue to work with the Ward and Ward Council to help the work move forward. They really like us and were sad to see Elder Thorne go. We had dinner at the bishop’s house on Sunday and he told us how much he appreciated us and noticed how well we worked together to move the work of the Lord forward.

There are a few recent converts who know very little about the gospel who we plan to teach. We hope to get their eyes set on the temple. Ward conference was really good, and I noticed how much President Fisher is focusing on Temple work for the Stake. We plan to do our best to help out. In the Samoan ward it is really easy to find when we teach and teach when we find because almost everywhere we go there are non-members with our members, so I’ve noticed that probably the best way to find those that the Lord has prepared is by visiting the members and talking frequently with everyone.

In my studies I’ve been continuing to read in 3 Nephi, and I really enjoy it. I also got one of the new For the Strength of Youth pamphlets from the office and started reading it. I loved it! As I read I felt like the Prophet or my Father in Heaven was speaking directly to me. In every page I read I felt the influence of the spirit. I know that those will help the youth find direction in the world today. I’m going to get one for [name withheld] and [name withheld]. I think they will really enjoy it. I also have been studying the importance of being active because I was invited to give the YSA lesson on Tuesday on that topic. I’m still thinking about things, but my thoughts are continually drawn to the temple and the covenants and blessings associated. And also how the temple fits in with our Father’s plan of happiness for his children. I like D&C 58:26-28 and D&C 121:45.

I’m excited for the next few transfers and hope to see things improve even more. Thanks for all your love and support.

Love, Elder Record

No comments:

Post a Comment